Friday, August 04, 2006

currently in my work I am playing
playing with mylittlepony

knitting and felting purses

turning them into remote control cars

making steel dresses
photoshoping myself into dresses

questioning myself

my role in the making process

my role as a man

my role as a gay man

since I’m gay

is it okay for me to play

play with mylittlepony

why can’t straight men play

play with mylittlepony

there was a time

as a young child

I used to play

play with my sister’s mylittleponies

she had the pony play palace

we would play

play for hours

I loved it

but felt guilty

why should I feel guilty

why should I feel wrong for playing

boys toys

girls toys

why the labels

why does it matter

is the fear to be queer

why should I feel ashamed

I’m not hurting anyone

I’m just playing

playing with mylittlepony